• Design and Development of Advanced Heavy Water Reactor.
• Design and Development of Isotope Production Reactor.
• Technology Development and R&D for HTRs, MSBRs, PWRs, BWRs, Research Reactors, etc.
• Technology Development and R&D Support for Indian Pressurized Heavy Water Reactors.
• Design and Development of Fuel Handling Systems for Nuclear Reactors.
• R&D pertaining to Structures & Thermal-Hydraulics of NPPs & Nuclear Sc. applications.
• Safety Studies related to NPPs & Research Reactors.
• Failure Assessment, Repair Technology Development & ISI of Nuclear Reactors.
• Development of Robotic & Automation Systems for Nuclear Applications.
• Fabrication of Critical Components for Nuclear Science & Technology applications.
Automated Reactor Trolley has been designed and developed at CDM to support core assembly and ion chambers 1 & 2 of upgraded APSARA reactor. Total load of reactor trolley is 14 tonnes including its self weight and span of the trolley is 4112 mm. Reactor trolley will be moved along the length of the pool (long travel of 8 m) using fully automated driving mechanism to locate reactor core at any of three experimental positions.
Elliptical crystal bender has been indigeneously designed and developed EXAFS beamline for INDUS-2 , RRCAT Indore
DRHR has developed a teleoperated mobile wheeled robot for 3D mapping of radiation levels in VECC cyclotron vault and cave area. The teleoperated system comprises of a mobile robot, wireless network and the control / operator stations. The mobile robot is a Ackerman steered wheeled robot with a mission time of 10 hours on single charge.
Serial Co-ordinate measuring mechanism (SCMM) alongwith its software module for GUI for visualisation has been developed and demonstrated.
Test facility for moltem fluoride salt purification was installed inside an inert gas glove box. This facility is based on electrochemical purification technique. A system based on 3 electrodes, consisting of a platinum reference electrode, a molybdenum working electrodes and a graphite counter electrode was used. Purification of capital FLiNaK, coolant salt for IMSBR and IHTR was carried out
Pressure Tube Sag Measurement Tool PRESAM 220 and PRESAM 540 has been Designed, Developed. It has been deployed for In-Service Inspection of around 100 channels of Indian PHWRs.
Fuel bundle handling and tray handling tool was developed to remotely handle fuel bundles and tray in spent fuel storage bay. It leads to reduction in man-rem consumption.
Objective of rod cutting gadget is to cut damaged fuel rods and insert into the bucket inside the cut rod storage bay.