• Technology Development for AHWR, CHTR, IPR, IPWR, MSBR and PHWR.
• Failure assessment and repair technology for PHWR component and system.
• Design validation of passive systems of AHWR, CHTR and MSBR.
• Technology Development for core catcher of IPWR.
• Demonstration of severe accident management of PHWRs.
• Development of Renewable, Green Energy System & Technologies.
• Design, installation and operation of large scale test facilities.
• Development of sensors, C&I of experimental facilities and calibration lab.
• Technology development for thorium based fuel.
• Vibration diagnostic of equipment and rotating machineries.
• Technology development for DC power supplies of test facilities.
Sag Measurement Tool PRESAM 220 and PRESAM 540 developed and deployed in more than 90 coolant channels of PHWRs. Sag measurement uncertainty estimation was carried out using in-house developed computer code based on Monte Carlo Simulation (MCS).
Wet scraping Tool (WEST 540): It is used for collection of sliver sample from pressure tube for hydrogen analysis. It collects a very thin sliver sample from inside surface of pressure tube without affecting its integrity and residual service life. It is operated by fuelling machine ensuring minimum radiation exposure to the operating personnel.
An In-Service Inspection (ISI) system for sag measurement of PHWR Pressure Tube has been developed and deployed. The system uses indigenously developed curvature sensor.
Technology developed for collection of sliver sample from pressure tube of 540 MWe PHWR for hydrogen analysis. It is operated by fuelling machine ensuring minimum radiation exposure to the operating personnel.
Technology for the passive systems for heat removal in the reactor has been developed for normal and accidental conditions.
Solar thermal technology based on beam up technique demonstrated.
\r\nReceiver Temp 600 deg and superheated steam upto 52 bar produced.