1) Basic and Applied Studies on the Chemical Aspects of Fuels and Fuel Materials
2) Developing Sol-gel Methodology for Fabrication of Nuclear Fuels
3) Isotopic Composition Analysis
4) Post-Irradiation Studies (eg., Burn-up etc.)
5) Thermo/Electrochemistry of actinides under molten salt conditions
6) Playing the Role of a Reference Laboratory in DAE
7) Chemical Quality Assurance during pre-operation & during Reactor Operation
8) Characterisation of Fuels for Nuclear Energy Programme
9) Performing Structural / Thermodynamic Studies of Novel Compounds of Fuels, Fuel Materials and Fission Products
Chemical Quality Assurance for large number of samples (~1000 sample /year; 6000 analysis /year).
Commissioning of Sol-Gel facility for production of U/Pu oxide microspheres.
Installation and commissioning of state-of-the-art Radioactive Secondary Ionization Mass Spectrometry (SIMS) facility.