National Centre for Compositional Characterisation of Materials has been set up by the Department of Atomic Energy (DAE) under Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC) as a premier institution of analytical chemistry to cater to the growing demand of material characterisation with respect to its composition in the country.
The Major Activities of the centre are
• Research in all aspects of analytical sciences in materials, environmental and life sciences
• Provide specialized analytical services for the determination of analytes down to parts per billion and lower levels in materials for DAE and Academic & Research Institutions across India.
• Offer validation support to industries through product evaluation Training in analytical methods
• Reference Materials
• Liquid Chromatography system with ESI & APCI ionization probe with triple quadrupole mass analyzer
\r\n• Analytes in the mass range of 18-1800 Da can be analyzed.
• Analysis of volatile compounds in samples
\r\n• Analysis of poly aromatic hydrocarbons and pesticides in environmental samples.
• Radio frequency: 40.12 MHz
\r\n• Sequential spectrometer
\r\n• Trace elemental determinations
• Analysis of hydride forming elements such as ‘As’ , ‘Hg’ etc.,
\r\n• Good accuracy & high sensitivity
\r\n• Suitable for analysis of environmental samples
• Analysis of high purity metals up to ppb levels
\r\n• Analysis of high purity chemicals used in semiconductor laboratories
\r\n• Analysis of trace impurities in semiconductor materials such as Si, Ge, and GaAs, etc.,
Determination of Be in femtogram levels in environmental specimens
Development of visual detection kit for alcohol content in hand sanitisers
Analysis of high purity Gallium (6N), Tellurium (7N), Arsenic(5N) and Germanium (9N)
Development of visual detection kits for
Speciation analysis of toxic (Chromium, Arsenic, Selenium, Thallium,Mercury ) elements
* Adsorbent based, single step remediation process * Onsite preparation of adsorbent. * Multiple use: Regeneration by adjusting pH of adsorbent * No residual adsorbent in treated water * High capacity factor (20 mg/g)