The Personnel Division, BARC handles personnel matters of BARC, Trombay, in general, concerning Recruitment, Promotion, Service matters, Training, Staff-welfare as well as post retirement dispensation etc. In addition to this, this Division manages general administrative matters related to BARC.
Mandate of the Division are as follows:
• Manage the activities related to recruitment, selection, promotion and transfer of all personnel in BARC.
• Maintain Reservation Roster.
• Evaluation of Manpower request for ongoing and project staff requirements and provide necessary support to the Man Power Planning Committee.
• Deal with personal files and service books of the entire BARC staff. Activities include the maintenance and updating of personal records, periodical review of records to meet statutory administrative, routine service requirement and verification of service records and preparation of periodical reports and return on various subjects. Establishment activities like Pay fixation, PF Advance/ withdrawal, LTC, Pension etc. are also handled by Establishment Sections.
• Manage Staff Union related matters and coordinate with appropriate forum for amicable solutions.
• Manage Benevolent Fund in BARC, setup in 1963, continued to extend financial assistance to needy employees of DAE Units in Mumbai.
• Work connected with the visits to BARC by State Guests / other VVIPs(both Indian and Foreign dignitaries) and important delegations are carried out for which liaisoning work is done with Central / State agencies viz. Police, General Administration, Mantralaya, etc. Apart from it, visits of students from colleges, cadets / officers from defence organisations / institutions are organised.
• Coordinate for the work in connection with award schemes.
• Handle the data management of the entire BARC staff including out station units.
• Issue Identity Cards to various categories of applicants in order to establish the identity and allow the access to different Buildings/Facilities, strictly in accordance with the authorization and on the basis of need to visit the place for bona fide official purpose.
• Manage the activities related to :
Grant of Advances for HBA, Personal Computer
Mortgages/ Reconveyance of property.
Property & allied matter pertaining to BARC property like assessment of property, Payment of taxes, energy/water bills, acquisition of property for laks/units outside Mumbai. Liasion work with MCGB/NMMC etc. Demarcation of boundaries allotment of place for Bank/ Post office etc.
Appointment of AMAs/ Payment of honorarium. Relaxation of CHSS Rules.
Authorisation to Sign gate passes.
Deployment of SRPF personnel & reimbursement of pay & allowances, depreciation charge of vehicles provided to them.
Work related to allotment of Departmental accommodation / Vashi Transit Accommodation .
• Coordination with MTNL for installation, shifting, maintenance of telephone lines in BARC.
• Matters regarding settlement of telephone bills.
• Manage receiving, registration, sorting and distribution of dak to all Groups/Divisions/Sections in BARC and all DAE units located in Mumbai.
• Monitors the catering facilities extended to the staff of BARC through 10 canteens (5 departmental & 5 contractor run) and 15 Tea pantries.
• Provide the transport facility.
• Deal with disciplinary matters, scrutinizing and maintaining Immovable Property Returns, Processing of Property transaction cases, issue of Vigilance Clearance, Review for retention or otherwise in service on attaining the age of 50/55 years of service or 30 years of service and re-verification of character and antecedents of employees.
• Deal with all kinds of litigation matters pertaining to BARC.