SOLAR ENERGY DRIVEN PORTABLE DOMESTIC BRACKISH
WATER REVERSE OSMOSIS (BWRO) TECHNOLOGY
This technology is based on solar photovoltaic (PV) system hence it is battery-less, off-grid/stand-alone. It has capacity of 10 litres/hr (lph) which can desalinate contaminated water of salinity 1000 - 3000 ppm (mg/lit) to provide drinking water of 50 - 300 ppm. The product water will be devoid of toxic elements, pathogens & turbidity too.
- No need of grid electricity or battery.
- Compact and light weighted. Can be used as mobile units.
- The solar power unit is a one time investment.
- No day- to - day maintenance.
- No chemicals required.
- Product water is devoid of extra salinity, toxic elements, pathogens & turbidity.
This technology is best suited for remote/rural areas where electricity is not available or the voltage is not stable. It can be used in urban areas also. As it is portable, it will be of great help for people working in desert areas especially in the case of defense personnel.
For details contact :
Head, Technology Transfer & Collaboration Division,
BHABHA ATOMIC RESEARCH CENTRE,
TROMBAY, MUMBAI - 400 085
Fax : 091-022-25505151